Bansuri Guru Software

The bansuri, one of the oldest musical instruments in India, is a side-blown flute made of bamboo or reed with six or seven holes.

Postby Dnyaneshwar Gaikwad » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks for the password. I did the installation successfully.

now while opening , i am getting out of memory error. I have more than a 1 GB RAM on machine. Other applications work perfectly.

Pls. help to reslove.
Dnyaneshwar Gaikwad

no response

Postby Dnyaneshwar Gaikwad » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:23 pm

i am facing out of memory error while opening this application. is anyone looking into it from Bansuriguru.

I have ample amount of RAM installed on the system.

has this application ever worked for any one. i doubt.
Dnyaneshwar Gaikwad

no response

Postby Dnyaneshwar Gaikwad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm

This software is crap , do not buy this software.

Software has lot of bugs , some part of website does not work, No response to emails , it is just waste of money buying this software.

i suggest no one should buy this crap. be aware and stay away from this.
Dnyaneshwar Gaikwad

Postby hari_rao91 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:24 pm

I was experiencing the same problems, but then a member of this forum posted the solution to it. Now my CD is working normally.

Please follow these Instructions. Bansuri Guru was designed originally for Windows 98. But never got updated.

But this will help !
Bansuri Guru - Running on Windowa XP and Windows Vista.

- Open the start menu and select "Run". Type in msconfig and click OK.
- The System Configuration Utility will open up.
- Click the BOOT.INI Tab.
- Find the "Advanced" button and click it.
- You should see the option "Limit memory to xxx MB". Select it.
- Make a note of the current value and then change it to 512. Click OK.
- You will get a message that tells you to reboot, so reboot.
- When the computer boots up you may get a message that says something about not having enough memory to run certain programs. Just click OK and allow it to continue booting.

The BansuriGuru should now work. When you are finished, remember to set the memory limit back to its original value [and unselect that option] and reboot again.

If you follow the instructions above the software should work.
Hari Rao
hari_rao91

Re: Bansuri Guru Software

Postby akshat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Hello All,

Could someone tell me where I could buy the software in India? I checked the site and they are chargin around Rs.2500 for the CDROM whereas on some sites such as Jainabookagency etc it is available for Rs.600. Why the discrepancy?

Also, for how long is the online account valid, if I plan to buy the online version?

Thanks and Regards,
Akshat
akshat

Postby manu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Akshat you should be able to get this CD ROM in a big music store like Music World or Planet M or ask your local music shop and they might be able to source it for you.

I checked up their online site but it doesn't seem to give any information about the online account. Some of the links on the site are broken. It seems like it's still being developed.

And from the look of their prices they seem to be targetting western users. It's a pity for them to charge 50$ when you can get a CD for less than Rs500 (even less than 15$)
manu
Site Admin

Postby akshat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks Manu. I tried the two stores that you have mentioned but failed to find it there. I also tried the vendors mentioned by google but no luck there. Do you know of any other stores where it might be available?

Thanks,
Akshat
akshat

Postby jignesh » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 am

Go to indiatimes musics website, it is also cheap as Rs 600,purchase it online and it will come to your home

But please note that it is made for windows 98 so that you have to made the changes every time as mention in earlier posts as you wanted to run the program
jignesh

Postby ppk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:17 pm

I got the same in one of the Crossword book store in Pune almost a year back. You can check with them if you have the Crossword in your area.
ppk

Postby akshat » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried indiatimes shopping (times music site) but it had no results for "Bansuri Guru" although google does seem to show a page but that is a cached page and does not exist now. Please can you send the link to the indiatimes page where you have seen it.

Thanks and Regards,
Akshat
akshat

Postby jignesh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:16 am

jignesh

Postby akshat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 am

This is the google link I was talking of. The page shows "Invalid Product[1557537]" at the top and when I try to click on "Buy Now", the product is not added to the cart.
akshat

Postby jignesh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:06 pm

i thank they have sold out the older versions and there seems the copyright issue also because i am seeing the website named www.bansuriguru.com but the price is RS 2500/- compared to earlier 600

i assume that the website owner has taken its all copyright. you can ask him the details- he is also member of this board
jignesh

Postby akshat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

hey, just curious to know if bansuriguru.com is the actual site? The site seems to be maintained on pakistani servers and considering that the software was originally lunched by times multimedia, I am now sceptical about paying online and buying the software. Please can you let mw know if this is the correct site.
akshat

Postby Sevee5 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:05 am

Hey Guys,
Need help with Bansuri Guru software... I am trying to install on Vista home edition and it is not working... HELP HELP PLEASE
Sevee5

Previous

Return to Bansuri